This 2 day course goes into detail on a wide range of mental health conditions and the support and help provided by healthcare professionals. It covers the content of both the Level 1 and Level 2 qualifications but is aimed at managers, supervisors and those who want to become a mental health first aider within their workplace.
Eligibility & Certification
Eligibility: No previous certification is required.
A range of methods are used, including practical and questioning (open and multiple-choice)…
Location & Availability
We are based in the Sheffield & Rotherham area, however we area ideally suited to servicing the South Yorkshire and North Derbyshire areas.
This course type runs for 12 hours over 2 days…
The following range of subjects are covered:-
- What is First Aid for Mental Health?
- Identifying mental health conditions.
- Providing advice and starting a conversation.
- Mental health conditions.
- Drugs and alcohol.
- First Aid for Mental Health action plan.
- First Aid for Mental Health in the workplace.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Eating disorders.
- Personality disorders.
- Bipolar disorder.