First Aid – Employers Responsibilities
Under Health & Safety Law, an employer has a responsibility to ensure that the First Aid provision in the workplace is sufficient.
- Carrying out an assessment to decide where, how many, and what type of First Aiders are needed, following guidance from the Health & Safety Executive.
- Providing training and refresher training for their First Aiders.
- Providing sufficient First Aid kits and equipment for the workplace.
- Ensuring all staff are aware of how and where to get First Aid treatment.
In 2009 the Health & Safety Executive introduced two levels of First Aider:-
First Aider at Work.
Emergency First Aid At Work.
The Health & Safety Executive recommends that all First Aiders attend annual refresher training due to “First Aid Skills Fade”.
To assist your workplace in the process in determining the level of First Aid provision required in you workplace, please use this link for additional information.
Early Years (Paediatric First Aid) 12 Hours
This course is designed for babies and children under 8 years old. This course meets the requirements of:-
- Early Years Foundation Stage Statutory Framework.
- Pre – School Learning Alliance.
- National Child minding Association.
- Sure Start.
- NVQ In Child minding.
To assist your school in determining the level of First Aid provision required in schools, please use this link to download additional information…