The Health & Safety Executive has stated that employers should review their First Aid requirements and maintain adequate First Aid provision for those continuing to operate in a workplace.
The Health & Safety Executive has announced a 3 month extension to the validity for all certificates coming up for renewal on and after the 16th March 2020 during the current Covid – 19 Crisis.
The Department for Education has introduced the same extension for all Paediatric First Aid certificates coming up for renewal on or after the 16th March 2020.
As we return to classroom based First Aid Training from 1st June 2020. In order to allow us to comply with the current social distancing, awarding body guidance and maintain your Health & Safety during our courses, we will be implementing the following:-
· On arrival at course with delegate’s permission, temperatures check.
· Check that no delegate is in a situation where they should be self isolating.
· Delegates will be issued with gel sanitiser.
· Delegates will be issued with tissues.
· Delegates will be seated 2 meters apart.
· Maximum 8 delegates per course.
· Explain manikin hygiene and infection control.
· Issue all delegates with a personal CPR face shield, sanitising and surfactant wipes.
· Delegates will be issued with their own First Aid kits.
· Delegates will be issued with their own writing materials.
· Issue each delegate with their own manikin to use thought their course.
· All practical assessment have been modified by the awarding body to ensure you are assessed either on your own manikin or on yourself.
In addition, to this we will be doing deep cleans on all equipment and our Training Centre daily ensuring strict hygiene measures.
Although not compulsory, we will make available gloves and surgical face mask if you wish to wear them.