January 2021 Update
Following the Governments COVID 19 announcement on the 4th January 2021, we will continue to deliver our First Aid courses in a COVID secure way, which we have done since the 1st June 2020. This training is mandatory to help save lives in the workplaces, as well as reducing pressure on the NHS during these unprecedented times.
This has been further supported by QualSafe, our awarding body, with the following comments:-
- Following a meeting of the First Aid Quality Partnership held late on 5th January regarding the delivery of first aid and other training during the current lockdown, it has been decided that currently, ‘the provision of first aid qualifications can continue to be delivered in line with existing COVID secure guidelines’.
- For further clarification employers who have been required to close need to take into consideration the requirements to train first aiders to allow for safe opening once lockdown restrictions are lifted.
7th January 2021
The Health & Safety Executive & The Department For Education
Have stated the following:-
That employers should review the First Aid requirements for their workplace and maintain adequate First Aid provision in all workplaces during the Pandemic.
Please note that online courses are not accepted by HSE or DFE. They can be used as continued professional development. Regulated blended learning courses and regulated face to face training is accepted.
We started classroom based First Aid Training on the 1st June 2020. In order to allow us to comply with the current social distancing, awarding body guidance and maintain your Health & Safety during our courses, we have implemented the following:-
- On arrival at course we will check delegate’s temperature.
- Check that no delegate is in a situation where they should be self isolating.
- Delegates will be required to watch a DVD clip on hand washing and how COVID-19 spreads.
- Delegates will be issued with their own cup, tumbler and teaspoon for complimentary refreshments and snacks.
- Delegates will be issued with gel sanitiser.
- Delegates will be issued with tissues.
- Delegates will be seated 2 meters apart.
- Maximum 8 delegates per course in training room 1 and maximum 10 delegates training room 2.
- Explain manikin hygiene and infection control.
- Issue all delegates with a personal CPR face shield, hand sanitiser and surfactant wipes.
- Delegates will be issued with their own First Aid kits.
- Delegates will be issued with their own writing materials.
- Issue each delegate with their own manikins to use thought their course.
- All practical assessment have been modified by the awarding body to ensure you are assessed either on your own manikin or your partner using the appropriate PPE.
In addition, we will be doing deep cleans on all equipment and our Training Centre daily ensuring strict hygiene measures.
Surgical facemasks will be worn when moving around the training centre, but not when seated at individual desks.